Monday, August 1, 2011

Unique Indeed

I was lucky enough to attend Unique LA yesterday. It's a huge independent design & gift show. Local designers of everything from baked goods to clothing to furniture and everything in between show there. The show was SO inspiring and cool. Cool is really the only word to explain it. The people are cool, the music is cool, the goods are cool. I felt cooler for just having been there.....

Ok. Let me show you some of the Unique eye candy. Here is one of the first booths we stumbled upon...
It drew us in...the name of the company was Enchanted Leaves. I ended up buying 2 necklaces.

There were a lot of really beautifully decorated booths and tables. It was great for people like me who are aspiring to become a vendor in shows like this...
VERY cool dangling thingies. I have a lot of ideas for variations on this.

And there were booths with seriously cool and innovative product ideas. Like these bracelets made out of vintage book spines.... 


After a full basketball game and a lengthy drive to Santa Monica Nakiah was begging for lunch. So we made a quick stop at this pizza food truck...food trucks are a "thing" now....
The food was yummy. It was nice to sit outside and eat while we grooved to the DJ music in our chairs.

After we filled our bellies I was able to talk him into some more shopping. I think he actually like walking around with me and finding treasures like this...
We Love Citrus. Super cute stuff, right up my alley. The Divine Twine mini spools were calling my name.

Isn't this set up cooooool?

 We also spent some time at Hi Tree. The little tree stumps were actually pin cushions...

I had to tear myself away before I could buy everything on the table. Ok, Ok, maybe I did buy ONE little thing. It came in the most adorable bag, another great idea.

 Aren't these trees fantastic? I can think of so many different ways to use my scrap stash for something like this. They were sold in themed packets.

Of course I also had to swing by the Amy Tangerine booth. But I was too caught up chatting with the wonderful people there to take any photos. It was great to actually be able to see her amazing work up close and personal. Turns out she was planning on showing her new AC line but was missing the mini books...DANG! I was this close to getting my hands on it!!! I also didn't get to meet Amy since she was out of town....but that is probably for the best because I would have definitely geeked out, sounded like a stalker, and embarrassed myself. 

Unique LA was such a cool and inspiring event that I am planning to make an effort to attend it each year. Maybe I'll even save some money for it because I had a serious desire to blow my savings. Hey, you never know, maybe one day I'll be selling my own wares in this show. THAT would be a fantastic opportunity for sure. 

After the show Nakiah and I had a lot of time before we needed to be back to pick up the rugrat. (And that is NEVER the case!) So we stole the opportunity to have a mini date (don't tell him I call it a "date', he hates that). So we went to....


 He was so excited that he wanted to have it documented....

 He loves the idea of choosing his own yogurt and DIY toppings...

His: Cookies&Cream yogurt, gummy worms, oreo, fruity pebbles, gummy bears.
Hers: Tart yogurt (oops! I wanted Vanilla), cookie dough, and more cookie dough...

 He liked his AND mine.
But did rethink his strategy since the gummy worms weren't gummy any more.

Aren't the containers adorable?

What a great way to spend a Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment