Friday, October 14, 2011

On the Juice

There is one very good reason why I haven't been blogging very much lately. I'm on the juice...
You know, the kind you make yourself in a super loud machine using only the freshest and hopefully most organic of ingredients.

Over the past eleven days I have been hunting and gathering all of the fruits and vegetables that can fit in my kitchen (You would be amazed at just how many it takes to come up with 15oz. of juice.) But I am getting ahead of myself. I need to give you some context as to why on earth this has taken over my life.

Remember a few weeks ago when I said I want to get me back? What I meant was I wanted to be healthy and happy. Not too long after I wrote that post I watched and documentary called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead." (Thank you streaming Netflix because now I am a juicing maniac.)  I was really impacted by the film. I identified with the message and felt I should jump on board. That night I told Hottie all about it and said I want to do the program. He agreed to do it with me.

After finding the website that is affiliated with the doc, Reboot Your Life, I figured out which program we should do. We chose the 15 day reboot entry. That is 15 days of nothing but fruits and veggies. No caffeine, no nuts, no meat, no dairy, no fun (just kidding...kinda). You are supposed to juice about 4 times a day. In addition you are encouraged to eat as many fruits and veggies as your little starving heart desires. Now, I know that may sound easy. You're not just fasting, right? Should be no problemo. Think again.


This has been one of the hardest things I have ever done. Now, maybe that is because I am on day 11 and still have 4 (when will this be over? UGH.) days left. Maybe it's because we have 3 children that we still have to prepare actual people food for. Or maybe it's because I attended a concert, baby shower, and threw a bunco Halloween party during this reboot that makes it feel so difficult. I don't know.

I do know that it is worth it. Buying what feels like my weight in fruits and veggies almost daily...putting them through this machine that is a total pain to clean each time (I figured out to juice for the entire day so I clean it once instead of 4 times....genius.)...feeling sub human when I look at someones soda longingly....it has been worth it. Of course I will let you know my final results and summation when I finish. But for now I can say I'm proud of myself for not giving in and cheating even though I had countless opportunities. I am accountable to me and only me. That feels wonderful. Self control is such a great feeling especially in such strict circumstances. I feel energetic. My skin is super soft. My complexion is totally clear. Well, I feel like I am rambling. Let's just say I feel really good on the juice. So until next time...

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment