Saturday, December 24, 2011

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (& picture overload)

Get ready for a picture overload. We are all ready for the big day around here. The kids are in counting down the hours mode, so cute! I can't help but get super excited for them and my nieces, they are going to have a magical day. Here is a little catch up on what we've been up to during the hectic holiday season.
Serious about our Christmas stories...
 new family members (like reindeer Pluto)...
 Cookie decor...
 Gingerbread before...
and after (back)...
 and front (I like to go a little nuts with these)...
 "snowfall" in line for Santa (Ev did not like the foam)...
 Santa success, no freak-outs...
 Excited to give certain special hand-made gifts (thank you to Purple Apple Boutique)...
 taking in the local holiday spirit (I will never tire of the glory of lighted palm trees)...
 festive hats and silly photos...
 "ho, ho, ho"...
 never getting a simple smiling photo out of this kid...
 or this one...
 unless I tickle her...
 coolest Santa cookie jar in town...
 homemade tree out of an upside down tomato vine cage and lights...
 centerpiece fun...
 I am "that chic" who collects snow globes (one each year, up to 7 so far)...
 loving last years gift from Kiah, Ev thinks they are castles...
  This year it turned into a wreath wall...
 
Giant sparkly bow gracing the top of the tree....
Disco ball ornaments I managed to score on sale on the 26th last year...

So we are all ready and caught up. In a little while the kids will open up their traditional Christmas Eve gifts...pajamas ("Whhhhhhaaaaat?! they will say, "this is a total shock!") hehe. Predictable, I know...but it makes for great pictures on the big day. Then we'll cuddle and watch the original Grinch movie and nestle them all snug in their beds. Oh. I can hardly wait for Santa to come myself. :) I'm sure I will have a hard time sleeping.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.....

No comments:

Post a Comment