Tuesday, February 7, 2012

CHA Photo Fun

Ok. I am all CHA-ed out. (I have so many other things going on lately and I want to share!) So I am getting the final tidbits out into the blogosphere today. These are just cool things I encountered around the show. It really is such an inspiring atmosphere. Not only do you get an amazing opportunity to meet some scrappy idols....but there are these stunning displays and eye candy around every corner.

So get ready, I'm just going to post all of the fun photos...

My first CHA was a real trip. For someone like me who became a new designer member, and participated in the designer showcase for the first time it can be overwhelming. And I'm sure I made some rookie mistakes...like when I handed a manufacturer of washi tapes my business card that had washi tape-that was not his-on it....(which I then immediately peeled off and replaced with some of his, right in front of him and then said, "see, yours looks much better.") hehe he. nice recovery. nice. But that's to be expected. Maybe next CHA I'll be slightly less clueless.

I also got to hang with some super awesome people! 
(My scrappy heroes!)...
Like Amy Tan...
hahaha look how happy I am. What a nerd.

Thanks to one very special and super silly Suzy Plantamura I was able to rub elbows with a lot of the Creating Keepsakes dream team members....and, editors for the magazine! Woo hoo! (I wish I would have taken more photos with people. But, there is something to be said for living in the moment.) Hopefully I made a good impression because it would be a dream to have more of my layouts published in their wonderful publication.

I feel like this is what someone like me should attend CHA for.....to make great contacts, get their name and face out there, meet their idols and people they want to be when they grow up...be the eyes and ears for the best new products and trends in the industry....forge relationships with manufacturers. It's all happening. Overall I would say my first CHA experience was a success. I have so many professional goals in this industry. I feel like I began to chip away at that big mountain during the show. Chasing a dream can not be compared to any other feeling in the world. There is something to be said for just jumping right in. I've never really been a, "dip my toe in the pool to test the water," kind of person anyway. This CHA was my canonbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllll!

No comments:

Post a Comment