Friday, February 3, 2012

Winter CHA 2012 *Part 1*

love is in the air

It's about that time. I said I would do a "must have" list. But as I was compiling my photos for this post I realized it's more like a "LOVE this!" list. During the entire show I found myself saying. "ohhhh, I LOVE this!" over and over. So, those are the things I am going to share with you now.

The following are a series of photos that I either took myself during the show or pulled from various blogs of the manufacturers. So here we go...get ready to fall in love...

I think I have to start out with the new Amy Tangerine Sketchbook line by American Crafts... 
 because as you can see it is truly unique and stunning. I felt so inspired seeing it in person....


 I'm really excited about that chevron ribbon....
 Look at the cool display projects Amy put out. There were also daybooks (so rad) to flip through... and I saw some of Paige Evans' (she is uber talented. seriously.) layouts in person.
I literally want every.single.piece. of this line. I love it so much! And I don't think it's just because Amy herself is super down to earth and cool, or because I think her Mommy is the best (shout out to Mommy!)...it's because of the colors, and patterns, and overall artsy look of the line. It's right up my alley.

Next up. October Afternoon...

These new Here and Now book and chapter kits are really cool..
heres a photo from the catalog to show better how they work....cool concept.

 Tiny Type. I use this a lot and love the variety of color options available... I'm also super excited about the new sprinkler colors. This ink is the best for splattering! And the colors are really beautiful.
OA had two lines that really caught my eye as "love-list" worthy. Here is an overview of 9to5...
and Cakewalk...

 And here is the paper in person...
aren't those critters just adorable?! yes, yes they are.
  Look at those pins and brads and buttons, oh my! Get on my pages, NOW!
 See what I mean about the Sprinklers colors? SO cool...

Moving on to Heidi Swapp.... 
She had a lot of really cool and innovative products in her booth.
 I especially love the concept of these color change sheets. They absorb color (ink, paint, etc.) in certain areas and remain untouched in others. No mask necessary!
Here are some large scale versions of the different elements available...
 Foto flipbooks, just add photos...or jazz it up if you like...
 This trim is really pretty and a different, soft, not-so-paper-like texture. The best part is if you hit 'em with a heating tool they curl up just a bit....
There were also these neon bits...tape, labels, stickers. I could see using splashes of those on different Summer layouts or maybe even project life. Heidi was really nice in person. I hope her new lines do really well. Hopefully I will work with these products a lot in the future.

Last one to cover and then I will stop for today.
Smash books by K&Company....
 I feel like I love these books so much that one day I will have shelves that looks a lot like this...
 They came out with an adorable "baby" version as well as a couple of more that really tickled my fancy... how can I resist with pages like this?...
And they now have a larger version which really does seem quite large. But hey, more to love, right?
I already showed you the sweet washi tapes and label maker as well. I am really smitten with those.

Ok. That seems like a good stopping point for today. All I can think is "cha-ching. cha-ching. cha-ching.," whenever I look at all of these lovelies. Bye bye savings and hello pretty things! (Just kidding if you are reading this, Hottie. We can talk about that second job now. ;)  


PS- I had a little incident today...one where I was busy with the three kiddos and managed to leave my iphone on the roof of the car and drive of into the wild blue yonder...needless to say I no longer have a phone. So, I should really not be talking about spending money...but I DID promise all 25 of you that I would share my show finds... and a promise is a promise. So stay tuned for Part deux, coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment