Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Babies on the Brain

I've been thinking a lot about babies lately....  and Mothering.... and ways to be a better Mom. Don't get me wrong, I think I do a pretty bang up job (by bang up I mean, pretty ok.) I really feel like when it comes to being a Mom quite possibly the single most important thing you can do for your children is spend time with them and show them that they are loved. I hope I can do that for my kids more over the coming months, and make this baby feel loved as well.....because there are already no words to express how cherished this little nugget is... and according to babycenter.com it's only about the size of an apple!

Because I am so fully immersed in pregnancy an all things baby I have been doing a lot of things like....

Reading these...


Even though it's my third baby I feel the need to re-read all of the material that sustained me for the other two pregnancies...and of course finding some funny material as well. I could use the levity.

Filling out my cheesy looking journal...


Which I will give a scrap-like makeover soon. It's the same one I used with Evareaux and I love all of the journal prompts inside to help tell your story. I keep a journal during pregnancy for a few reasons. Primarily because it is a way of preserving the memories (always important to me). Also it's a great way to compare experiences. I can't help but think it will be especially nice if it turns out to be a girl for her to read if she ever becomes pregnant and wants some insight into what it was like to carry her.---that came out confusing but I am too tired and lazy to fix it---I blame my prego brain.

Watching things like this...



Any pregnancy/ baby shows that I can sink my teeth into. The funnier the better.

Pinning things like this on Pinterest...
Looking forward to movies like this...


What to Expect When You're Expecting, the MOVIE! Epic.

And oogling these adorable photos of my newest niece, Cambry, from when she was a newborn....



Once I find out the sex of the baby it is on! There will be no stopping me from decorating the nugget's nursery and buying clothes... and planning, planning, planning. I'm planning to do lot's of serious planning. I am looking forward to completing our move and setting this planning into motion very soon. To think about the fact that in a short while I will have a precious little one to ooooh and ahhhh over and make big plans for is thrilling...and a bit scary....but mostly thrilling. :)

Can you tell I am in full on prego hormone mode?

No comments:

Post a Comment