Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Retired

It's official, as of 11am today I am retired
 This is my retired face...

 I always had a goal of retiring before the age of 30 (Ok, not really, it's just funny to say.) It feels really strange and hasn't quite sunk in yet because I am focused on the ZILLIONS of things I have to take care of before our move. Still, I did say goodbye to my coworkers, many of which I have worked with for several years. Walked away from the pending art projects. Said my goodbyes to my perpetually messy office. Received my final paycheck. Strange. So strange to be walking away completely.

Here are a couple of the final chalk signs I made this week...


 It's pretty fun to work in chalk, you can do really cool stuff with the colors. I'll miss it.
 and lettering/typography has always excited me.

Oh well. On to the next chapter. I do plan to be creative every day. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I didn't. My plan is to keep trying to break into the scrapping and crafting world. Hopefully one day I can find a way to turn it into a new career. I've never been so passionate about something as I am about scrapbooking. I think it's because it combines all of my favorite things...photography, journaling, art, working with my hands, recording memories, design...oh, and lots of super pretty products.

Chasing a dream is going to be my new job (oh yeah, and taking care of my house/family will fit in there somehow too.) ;) This is a luxury I never could have imagined I would be lucky enough to have in life (a big shout out to Hottie for making this possible. I love you so much for being on board.) I am thrilled to see what the future holds.

 These two things just speak to my heart right now...
(found on pinterest

and
(Instagram of a canvas found at Target)

The nice thing about my goals is that even if my dreams are never realized at least I'll have a bunch of full albums for the family. And a nice way to keep myself really busy creatively doing what I love. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment