Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

When celebrating Father's day today here is a little reminder of just a few of the things a Daddy does....
This is why they deserve a day to go to Lowe's for hours, or crack a few beers and put their feet up, or watch endless hours of golf (SNOOZE! So happy Hottie doesn't watch golf!). But if he did he should be allowed to bore himself to death all darn day long! Because all of the other days he's busy doing this...

Safety supervisor...
 Carnival rider...
 Game player....
 Bubble expert...
 A cozy lap, even on a hot day...
 A picture poser....
 Character corral-er...
 Personal chauffer...
 Jungle gym...
 Coaster support....
 Snack monitor...
 Event coordinator...
 Dad the builder....
 Behavior modifier and navigator...
 frequent Lowe's shopper.... 
 Restaurant guide...
 Kid evacuate-er and shoe holder extraordinaire...
 Tech support...
 Handy man...
 Hugger, kisser, and tuck in guru...

We rely on Hottie for all of these things, and so much more. And he delivers. Big time. These kids could never want for a better Daddy. I just hope they know how good they have it.  

For Hottie: I am so happy to be raising this family with you by my side. We are all so lucky to have you in our lives. You are truly an amazing father. Even after a long day at work, when I am sure the thing you would love to do most is put your feet up, you jump in and help out without one word of complaint. Thank you. And I love that you set such a spectacular example of what a husband and father should be like to our children.... dedicated, fair, loyal, hard working, attentive, reliable, loving, and happy. Someone who, in the 9 years I have known you, has never uttered the words, "I had a bad day." You are the best. I couldn't possibly love you more... or stop wondering how it is that I was so lucky to find you.  Happy Father's Day to the best Dad I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment