Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thoughts on Thirty

There I am, thirty years old. (Thank you Instagram editing.)

This time last year I remember thinking of what my 30th bday would be like.....what it would feel like to cross this milestone. It's nothing like I thought it would be. I don't have a single ounce of dread getting older. I'm not inspecting my face in the mirror for new wrinkles (ok, maybe i did one day. don't judge.) I don't look sadly back on my twenties like, there goes the good old days. Nah. Don't get me wrong I definitely had some good times. 

In my twenties I: had two beautiful children and became stepmom to a third//married the man of my dreams//bought a house//held a full time job as an artist//earned two Disney half marathon medals//was published 10 times in scrap magazines//threw tortillas during the midnight premiere of LOTR(ask Hottie)//cave tubed in Belize, ziplined in Honduras, relaxed in Jamaica, & swam in the Caribbean//became Mac loyal//partied in Vegas//watched a niece being born//went to Disneyland hundreds of times//celebrated the Centennial of the town my Grandparents and parents grew up in//ran a marathon in the worst storm LA has ever seen//became a good cook//punked out at a Blink 182 concert with my best friend//laughed inappropriately at Kathy Griffin live five years in a row//hosted a killer halloween party--for kids//moved across the country//found the perfect caramel apple dip recipe//decided I want to be a stay at home Mom.

It's been pretty epic.

But this next chapter holds so many possibilities, I can't help but look to the future. This is the happiest I have ever been in my entire life (aside from Hottie working 8 days in a row 14-17 hour days and the kids behaving like wild animals...but that's another story). This home is more amazing than I could have ever pictured. We love Lexington and are discovering all it has to offer. I have time to spend with my kids and make life what I want it to be.... 

There are so many things I plan to do in my thirties: see the Eiffel tower and visit the Louvre//learn how to garden//get in the best shape of my life//travel around Italy//perfect holiday dinners//take the kids to Yellowstone//raise a puppy//Disney cruise//start new traditions//have a baby boy//run the Goofy Challenge//decorate my home//visit family//get on the design team for a major scrap manufacturer or magazine//start a consulting company//ride epic rollercoasters//learn to speak Italian//the list goes on and on....

Hello 30. I think I like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment