Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Washi Wednesday

Last week I was sitting at my desk totally uninspired but wanting to create. I had at least 30 min. before someone would need a butt wiped or a juice cup filled (it's reality people... and don't worry... I wash my hands first)... Then I looked over to see my tapes sitting all pretty and organized in the little rainbow rows I've arranged... and it hit me. Washi Wednesday! It's been forever! So I grabbed a couple of rows worth of colors and got to it.

Oh Washi Wednesday, I have missed you so...... 
Here's What I made....


I took some pictures along the way to show you how it came together.
First I tore a long piece of tape and then doubled it over so that it would stick to itself.
Next I cut the upside down v's.
Then arranged the pieces in the order I wanted on the page....

 You can see faint pencil lines I drew on cardstock to serve as guides for the banner placement.

Once I had enough tapes cut and arranged to fill the page I slid them off to the side out of the way (still in the order I want)....

Then I added one row at a time to the paper to be sewn on.
I used the tiniest dab of adhesive towards the top to keep them in place for my sewing machine....

Then I began adding the rest of the rows.
Sewing right on top of the row underneath as they overlapped....

Here's what it looked like before the photos and embellishments were added....

Then I searched for the perfect fun photos to match... (usually I do this in reverse. I start almost every layout with a photo first and then pull supplies accordingly.. but when you're stuck in a creative rut sometimes reversing your normal process works wonders! and the washi was calling to me.)

I found this photo booth strip of me and Hottie that I have been wanting to scrap forever and I must say I feel it's the perfect fit!

Then I dug into my stash for some layering options, sparkles, stamps, finishing touches.

Here it is again...


And here's to hoping that I can complete some Washi Wednesday posts more regularly in the future! God knows I have enough tape to post for the next year.



3 comments: