Monday, February 22, 2016

Me Series: January 2016

Big hugs and thank yous to everyone who read and commented on my last post. It's nice to feel the love, and that others have similar issues. There's something comforting in knowing you're not alone, you know? Anyway. I didn't post to get sympathy or compliments.. but I do appreciate them... and I'm glad to have such receptive followers. I will keep the honesty coming. and I'll let you know how I progress with my OLW throughout the year.

Self love ties in nicely with what I want to share today. If you've followed along at all you know what I've embraced a Me Series idea for the past couple of years. I've decided to go ahead and continue this work in 2016. It started because I was noticing a big lack of including myself in our family history through scrapbooking. Sure, the journaling was in my voice, I was there for just about every moment. But the lack of photos of myself, and updates about what I was up to were staggering...

Doing a Me page once a month forced me to write about me (and include photos. I don't like being on that side of the camera). I love that each layout is like a little time capsule. I also love that doing these opened me up to writing about my stuff more regularly.. which you can see in my more recent Project Life pages. 

So here is the collection of Me Series: 2014


and here is the Me Series: 2015 (most of them, anyway.)


and here is the first of 2016.


I'm looking forward to sitting down to create February's page later today. If you have a hard time including photos and stories about yourself in your documenting, I highly recommend taking on this series. It's like a gateway into including yourself in the big picture. You're important too! and did I tell you lately that I love you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment